• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Heat rashes? Allergic to my own sweat?

Depressicaa

Bluelighter
When I wanted to exercise I always had heat rashes. Its very odd, I always told people I'm allergic to exercise, look, and they would examine these bumps all over my body. They seem to appear in the same places all the time, and the odd thing is that when I wear something like a watch, I will get the same thing.

I don't know how to get rid of it. I assume it might have something to do with being dirty or whatever, because it happens less after I shower, less but it is still there. The odd thing is they still appear in the same place.

I might be allergic to my own sweat maybe? When I wear a watch or some sort of wristband, I get it all over my arm. What could it be? It can also happen randomly. Benedryl doesn't really help either, it does to an extent but it doesn't 'cure it'.

No, these are serious concerns. I just have a really 'kiddy, informal' way of posting.

The odd thing was that when I was working in Michigan with my aunt and uncle not showering for weeks I didn't have this problem. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I know it happens very consistently with wearing wrist watches or a bracelet, just something on my arm.

All the stuff kinda links together, and I really am confused about this.

dry skin + sweat + friction

i get bad rashes under my left armpit when im uppers..since the swear get accumulated and then im doing some sort of physical activity or hobby were im moving my arms constantly

Hmm I didn't know that. I wasn't applying any friction to my arms, but they get bumps which I assume are heat rashes.

I suspect that I may have something like hyperthyroidism. I will try the lotion right the fuck now though, I'm wearing a really tight shirt but it only seems like it itches in one spot.

Does it look like this:
NSFW:
1048885-1049858-3090.jpg

Obviously it wouldn't be in scratch marks like that, but are they raised red bumps that appear wherever friction happened on your skin? If so, you've got what I had for awhile: Dermatographism. It's not contagious. Easily fixable with an antihistamine (like Zyrtec. I found Loretadine, give or take the spelling, to be the cheapest and have the least side effects).

Edit: Sorry that picture is so big upon showing it! I don't know how to resize it or else I would.

I get heat rash CONSTANTLY. you just described why it happens to you in your post. When you wear a watch or wristband you said you get it all over your arm. Well a while back I researched heat rash and it occurs when sweat can't "escape" your body. So basically I usually get it when I'm out in the heat or working out and I have socks and shoes on, or pants. Anytime my skin can't get to air to cool it down. What you can do is wear shorts when you work out and take off all your jewelry. Wear thin socks so your feet can breathe and take off your shoes as soon as you get done! Also I think if you wear cotton it's better than wearing other types of fabric as it's breathable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria Miliaria is the most common sort of heat rash type problem and it has quite a few different variations.Something that can be aggravated by heat and sweating that isn't heat rash is seborrheic dermatitis. Skin problems can be hard to self diagnose. Washing frequently with gentle cleansers and giving a trial to different remedies usual helps to get you to something that works.

Steroid cremes like hydrocortisone have broad usefulness for many skin problems. Its usually my starting point for any problem that I'm sure isn't fungal or bacterial. When steroids make a problem worse its usually an indication of bacterial or fungal problems. Steroids reduce inflammation but in doing so also lessen immunity in the area.

If you wear an anti-perspirant, the armpit rash may really be a mild chemical burn caused by the product interacting with your body chemistry.

I've noticed this on my wrists. I believe it occurs more often when I have not showered for a few days, but that increases the severity, not the rate in which it occurs. They appear where there is contact, I have it happen often with my metal banded wristwatch, and the other hand has it, for some reason. Perhaps my hoodie is dirty, or some sort of pressure point?

its possible that you consume toxic foods in your diet which your skin does not respond well too, the salt content in your sweat could be an added irritant. try switching to an all organic fruit, veggie, and nut diet for 2-3 weeks, and see if your skin suffers the same effects.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I could be eating some sort of horrible food. Whenever I smoke tobacco it gets worst. My body is trying to tell me not to smoke, I shouldn't smoke anymore.

my gf gets this too. Her doc says it's a result of a quick change in the temperature of her skin. So when she runs outside and gets really hot, and then stops and gets cold, she gets these little red spots all over her body. They're pretty gross, but they don't usually last very long. She just ignores them.